Sunday, July 4, 2010

Jackson 5 at the 1973 Grammys

The Jackson 5 put in an appearance on the 1973 Grammy Awards, presenting the award for Best Rhythm and Blues Vocal Performance By a Duo or Group. They actually sang a small selection of each of the nominated songs, which gives us a tantalizing taste of what a cover version of each song would have been like.



It was not a perfect performance -- poor Randy dropped the microphone at the dramatic moment when the winner was to have been revealed, and for some reason Jermaine wasn't with them. But it's fun to watch in any case.

2 comments:

  1. I love that little performance!

    I think I read in a magazine that Jermaine was sick.
    I can look it up if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe working on Come Into My Life

    or didnt wanna leave hazel lol

    ReplyDelete